Thursday, April 10, 2014

02/17/14-Week 54 [Week 6 of Transfer 9] "Cold Feet"

Big news!! I am getting transferred!! Who would have thought?? I have been here in Huntington, Indiana for 9 months now. I just figured I was never leaving. I spent half of my mission here. But I am packing up and getting ready to face a new adventure. I will find out tomorrow morning where I am going and who I am going with. It will be exciting. :) 

So: don't send any more letters to the 337 William street address. I do not live there anymore.

I will let you know next week what my new address is. 

I also have some sad news, Wayne did not end up getting baptized on Saturday :( He ended up getting nervous and decided not to get baptized this week. But he said that he DOES want to be baptized, but he just got "cold feet" as he put it. As I put it, he is a little bit of a spiritual snail :) He just moves a little bit slower spiritually. But I still love him to pieces! I am going to miss him a lot. He is like an older brother to me...a much older brother, haha. Keep him in your prayers still, he needs support and love. It is a big step for him and it is going to take a lot of faith. But we had a really good lesson with him on Saturday! We had a couple come with us and they were perfect! Sister Smith talked about how her family was just like him and nervous and hesitant. "They didn't want to make the wrong decision." But she told him how much the church has helped her and her family and how she now looks back and thinks, "what was the big deal?" It was really good for him I think. I have no doubt that he will be baptized soon. 

Yesterday we had a super busy day!! But I had a pretty cool experience. We had what is called a "Cottage Meeting" which is pretty much just a very informal fireside for investigators and less-actives. They show a short film and then we discuss it and have refreshments. Well, yesterday a youth in the ward came and brought her friend with her. I saw her friend when we came in, but we had some investigators there that we went and sat by. At the end when everyone was eating and chatting, I decided that I had better go over and talk to her. And it was really neat! We had a really good conversation. It started out with her talking about how involved she was in her church to talking about how she wasn't really happy in her church. We talked about how there were so many different churches and they claimed to be "Christian" but don't really live it. We talked about how the Bible can be confusing. It was just perfect! I just thought, "Man, this girl just needs the restoration!" So we set up a time to meet up again, but unfortunately she lives in the other sisters' area, so we had to hand her off, but it was still a really neat experience! I was nervous to go over and start the conversation, but it went really well! Heavenly Father has definitely been guiding me and helping me. I just love the thrill that comes when you share the gospel!
Gracie & Sister Farr

We had 4 investigators at church yesterday!! The Martin family and then Gracie {she is the cute girl in the picture that I am hugging} :) We were so excited! And other less-actives came. It was just a wonderful day! 

I went on lots of exchanges again this week. One up in Kendallville with Sister Rolfe. She is so cute and sweet! We had a wonderful lesson with a young man named Jack, at the church! We were walking around the building and stopped at a picture of Christ getting baptized, and he talked about how he had never been baptized, and so we asked him right there if he would and he said yes! {!!!!} 
Then I was in Aboite with Sister Standage and we had a miracle happen with a blessing. Their investigator Taylor has been really struggling recently. As we were teaching her, I was sharing a personal experience with how I was able to get through with the Priesthood, and it hit me that she needed a blessing. We went straight over to a members' home and the husband gave her a blessing and it was beautiful! The Priesthood is real. I know that more than ever. 
Then we had an exchange with the Decatur sisters, Sister Memmott. We had a fun day! We were busy busy busy. But we had a wonderful lesson with our investigators Lavon and Richard. {And they have been having family prayer!!!!!} <--we had been trying to get them to do that for weeks. We talked about how the Book of Mormon can help them and their family even more. It was a wonderful lesson! And then they let us make them breakfast in the morning before church! And they came to church! And they came to the Cottage Meeting!!!! :D :D It was amazing! They are doing so well.

But yes, in a nutshell, that was my week. This morning we helped in seminary and it was lots of fun! We had to wake up at 5 in the morning. But we acted like the teachers and treated them like they just got the MTC. They were so out of it...it was funny :) hahah. But it was lots of fun to be able to interact with them more. We talked about how important the Book of Mormon is in everything that we do as missionaries and members. The Book of Mormon is what holds our church together. Without the Book of Mormon we really don't have much of anything. It proves the entire Restoration...which brings about our whole church. We told them how important it is for them to gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. You can resolve any conflict that people have with the church by bringing it back to the Book of Mormon. If they object with the Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity, Temples, anything! You can tie it back to the Restoration and the Book of Mormon. I never really understood how important the Book of Mormon is. I love that book. I read it every day. I challenge all of you to take any concern that you have and relate it back to the Book of Mormon. If you don't know the Book of Mormon is true, then read it and sincerely pray. I promise you that the Holy Ghost will testify of its truthfulness. I love this gospel. I love the opportunity I have to share it with others!!

Thank you for all of your support. I love you all!!!

All my love,
Sister Farr




No comments:

Post a Comment