Thursday, April 10, 2014

04/07/14-Week 60! {Week 1 or Transfer 11} "CONFERENCE!"

Hi!! :D
I have hardly any time today. Sorry!! I have 12 minutes to do this. I hope my fingers can work and type super fast! Say a prayer! Hopefully prayers in the future count for things in that past. Man. I can't type! Your prayers aren't working....

Anyways....This past week was a pretty good week! We had a really neat experience with our Part-Member family. We are teaching the husband and daughter of a less-active member, Sister Day. Since Brother Day and his daugher, Evayce decided to get baptized, all of the powers of hell have been combining against them! He lost his job, she lost her job, the daughter got kicked out of school, they got evicted from their house, and the list goes on. They are staying with Brother Day's sister and it is not a good environment. There is sadness and darkness there. It has been rough on their marriage and family. They have contemplated getting a divorce and everything. But this week things turned around! Sister Day came to both of the Saturday sessions of conference at the church. In between the two sessions she was having a really hard time. She was crying and getting so stressed that it was making her sick. We called the Elders and asked if they could come give her a blessing. It was wonderful! The blessing was very inspiring and gave her so much direction. After the blessing she was back to her normal self. She was laughing and smiling. I truly felt that there was evil in her that was cast out. She is doing much better. We even received permission from the sister, whose home they are staying at, to come every day and read and pray with them!! Horray!! We know that this will help them stay strong. :) Keep them in your prayers. They need all of the help they can get.

I love conference this week! It was so inspiring. Talk about power when Elder Holland was speaking. It was incredible. Especially the last part of his testimony when he said that he knows that this church is true more surly than he knew that he was standing in front of us at the pulpit. I got such chills! He is one of my favorite speakers at conference. He always seems to hit exactly what I need to hear. As a missionary we have to stand alone a lot (well, with our companion) and it can be hard. But I know that the Savior stands with us. It is beautiful. I love this gospel. I love the leaders of the church. Just hearing them speak, you know they are inspired of God. If you have trouble believing that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God..well do you know if Thomas S. Monson is a prophet? You can listen to him!! And know for yourself. It is amazing. We are so lucky to be members of this church. I am learning so much about it. I have so much more to learn. I still have questions and doubts sometimes, but I am finding answers. Just like it was taught in conference by the guy with the cool accent! I don't' remember his name... Elder Aidi...i don't know. But gain the revelation for yourself. As you study, ponder, pray, and fast you can learn the truth of things. I practice that all of the time as a missionary! And we teach people to do that too.

I am also learning so much about myself. This past week I am learning a lot about the gift of discernment. I have learned that I tend to take on other peoples' emotions. With our investigators, when they are confused, I get confused. I have a really in-tune line with other people. Interestingly I have even noticed that when one of my investigators is having a bad day, I have a bad day too. When I meet up with them later, they explain to me how they have been feeling, and I have been feeling the same way. I have noticed it with Sister Day, Naomi, Kerry, Richard, and lots of others. I don't know why I do it. I don't even know how it is possible...but I have started to pick up on it. Now when I am having a really bad day I think..." Who is feeling this way that I need to help?" "Which one of my investigators feels like this and how can I help them get out of it?" It is easier said than done...but I am starting to notice a pattern. (I don't know if any of that made any sense...but I thought I would share it.) We each have spiritual gifts that we don't even know about..or understand. I don't understand this spiritual gift yet, but I am going to learn about it. It is something to do with discernment. But I don't know. Sometimes I feel how the Savior felt when he felt the exact things that we are feeling so that He can sympathize. I feel like sometimes Heavenly Father puts me through trials or hardships so that I can help my investigators. We each can learn and understand what our spiritual gifts are as we pay attention to our strengths..and our weakness. Often our biggest strengths are our biggest weaknesses as well. Like for me, being compassionate is great! But when I get sucked down into despair with them..not so great.

I am grateful for all I am learning as a missionary. It is truly preparing me for my life after the mission. As a mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, student, everything! I don't even know what I would be like without it. I have changed so much so far. I can't imagine all of the changes I will continue to have.

Well, time is up! I love you all! Have a wonderful week :) :) Spring is on the way!!!

Love,
Sister Farr

p.s. my companion is a good artist! Here is a drawing she did of me. And me with red hair! And her with blonde hair!! :) haha"


No comments:

Post a Comment