Sunday, February 16, 2014

1/27/14-Week 51. [Week 3 of Transfer 9]

Hello!! :D

I made it through another week!! I didn't know if I would..

It has been one of those weeks. But I am hopeful that this next week will be better! It has been very stressful being over so many other sisters. We are constantly running.. running.. running. We are trying to find some things that we can do a bit differently so that we won't be quite so stressed. We got some coloring books today :) Well, giant princess coloring pages! We are pretty excited to color them. Some people say that it helps to relieve stress. If any of you have some ideas of how we can relieve stress, it would be great to hear your ideas! We need all we can get! I just used to dance and watch movies or sleep, but you can't really do that as a missionary.... :) 

I just love Lavon and Richard and their family :) They are just wonderful! On Saturday night, Lavon was having a really hard time. She said it seemed as though everything was going wrong and falling apart. She immediately thought to text us and ask us if we could come over. When we got her text, we went over as soon as we could. We went over there and she poured out all that had been happening. I can't tell you the difference there was from the time we got there to the time we left. We talked to them, shared scriptures, and just were there to comfort. Interestingly enough, that day Sister Ison and I had been having similar feelings as Lavon and had a rough morning. We went and got blessings...and fries....... But as we talked to Lavon, we had so much more understanding of how she felt. Because we had been feeling the same way! We could sympathize with her. God works in mysterious ways. We were wondering why everything was happening and why we felt so out of control, but when we went to Lavon and Richard's house that evening, it all made sense. We are here to represent our Savior, and we had to be able to do that for Lavon. The Savior understands perfectly what we are going through, and so He knows how to help us. Not saying that Sister Ison and I are ANYTHING close to the Savior, but we were able to understand more of how our Savior feels when we come running to Him. He understands, He does not judge, He loves us perfectly, and He will heal us. I am so grateful for all that He has done for us. He is the only one who truly understands. He is always there. I have had to turn to Him countless times, but I know He will never get tired of hearing from us. 

I don't have much to share this week. It has been long. We went on two exchanges, one in Fort Wayne with Sisters Montrose and Wheeler and one in Kendallville with Sisters Rolfe and Wight. We learned a lot and it was wonderful. I love being able to help all of the sisters. I have grown so much! I have felt our Father in Heaven lifting me and helping me to fulfill all that He has asked of me. I am so grateful for Him.

A quote that  I love:

"Latter-Day Saints don't just know what Jesus Christ saved them from; but what He saved us for."  -Brad Wilcox

We have more hope in the future. We know our purpose. We know that we haven't just been saved, but we know why. Let us make our time here count! We can't waste any time. We need to prepare to meet our Father in Heaven now. We have so much more potential than we realize. I know this gospel is true. I love it with all of my heart. It lifts me and carries me through. 

I love you all! I hope you stay warm. It is bitter cold here! We are going to bundle up tight!

All my love,
Sister Farr

p.s. sorry I don't have any pictures this week...it has been a little bit crazy... I am repenting and will be better next week though! ;) Love you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment