Sunday, February 16, 2014

02/03/14-Week 52 [Week 4 of Transfer 9]

Funny story to start out with, this week I did the splits getting out of the car. You see, it rained A LOT this week after we had a snow storm, so there was water all over the roads as the snow melted. But the next day, the temperature dropped back down and it all froze....and then it snowed on top of it again.....It was little bit crazy to drive on. But as we parked next to our house, I stepped out of the car and my foot slid...and every time I put pressure on it to stand up, I slid more. It was quite painful. I wish I had a picture; it probably looked hilarious. I yelled for Sister Ison and when she came around the car she just laughed at me for a few minutes until she helped me up. :) Funny memories!! :D

But I have some exciting news about Wayne! To start off, a few weeks ago Sister Ison and I picked out a weekend in February that we wanted to have a baptism and who we wanted it for. We had picked February 15th and we wanted Wayne to get baptized. The other week, we committed Wayne to pray about a baptismal date for himself (he told us he wanted it to be his decision). This week when we went for our lesson, we followed up with him, and he told us that he had prayed and decided on February 15th (!!!!!!). NO WAY! The same date. We are so excited for him! He has finally decided to get baptized. I am so happy for him! Keep him in your prayers!

Then another amazing thing that happened this week. I was on exchanges with Sister Memmott in Decatur on Thursday, and we had gone to an investigators house for a lesson, but they weren't home. So we decided to walk down the street to a potential investigator to see if they were home. But...they weren't home either. We started walking back to the car, and Sister Memmott said "why are we here then..?" We sat there and looked around for a few minutes, and then I noticed her ears. They were bright red....tomato red. And I said "We have to get something on your ears. They are going to freeze." So we decided to walk back to the car and get her ear muffs and then come back. When we got back, a car pulled up and a man got out and started to shovel a drive way. I thought, "Sweet! Let's go talk to him!" We went over and had a pretty good conversation with him. His name was Jesus (he was hispanic) and he ended up telling us that we could come over later and talk with him more. When we went over that night, he started asking us what the thing we did with putting people underwater was. We said "Baptism!!" Thinking, "Sweet! He wants to get baptized!" Then he said, "Oh, I've already been baptized.." we said "Oh, that's cool!." Then he said "No...In a Mormon church in Arizona." We said ".....wait really? That's wonderful!!" Come to find out, he was baptized a while back in Arizona before he was married (probably about 20 years ago). So we found a Less-Active, Part-Member family. It was really amazing though! :) I just love how the Spirit works! :D :D This gospel is wonderful!

Let's see... Then we found a wonderful lady named Dorothy. She has had a very hard life. She was actually calling a law attorney in Indiana (who happened to be LDS) and they asked if she had a church that she attended. She told them that she didn't, so they asked if they could send the missionaries over. Amazing!! So we got a referral to go and see her. She is so sweet. I am very excited to be able to teach her!

Things keep going forward here. We have lots of work to do, but it will keep going. The church is so true! I can't even stand it sometimes :D I love you all!

Love,
Sister Farr

Coloring Therapy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment