Wednesday, June 11, 2014

05/05/14 - Week 64! {Week 5 of Transfer 11} "Opposition"

Hi Family!

I don't have much time today...but guess what next week is?? Transfers!! On the 13th, so just be aware that I could be moving around. And guess what else??? MOTHERS DAY!!! :D :D What does that mean?? I get to talk to you all!! And guess what?? I CAN USE SKYPE!!! :D :D :D :D  I just don't know how to use it though...haha. I only have 40 minutes, so we can call or do skype. But if there are technical difficulties..I only have 40 minutes. So I don't know what you all want to do...I don't know if I set up an account on Skype too or how you even know that you are both on..I just have no clue. But..we could skype! haha :) So that is some cool news :)


Missions are discouraging sometimes...okay a lot of the time. But when you meet that one person that accepts it and acts on it, it makes all of the rejection worth it. I am trying to learn to focus on the positive more. This past week we had a really hard day. No one was home....all morning and afternoon. No one wanted to talk to us, no one was interested, no one was outside, people were just rude and grumpy. I didn't know what was wrong. I thought for a while that I was doing something wrong so Heavenly Father was punishing us. But then I remembered the scripture in 2 Nephi 2:11 where it says that there is opposition in all things. So I thought..."okay, there better be a miracle coming then!" I have realized that the harder the day is, the greater the day or miracle is that is coming. That night we had a lesson with some girls who were the daughters of a less-active who were learning. They had a friend over and it was a powerful lesson. A year ago her brother committed suicide and she was scared that he went to hell. She talked about how hard her family life was and how people at school bullied her and told her that she would end up like her brother. She just sobbed as she talked to us. It was heart breaking to hear her story. But the joy that filled my heart as I realized what we had to share with her was amazing. We told her how her brother was not in hell. But that God had a plan for him and that he was learning the same things that she was learning. The Spirit there was so strong. We told her that she would gain more peace in this gospel than anywhere else. She came to church yesterday too. It was amazing. That was the miracle that we had waited for all day long. The Lord is so merciful.

We have a girl that is scheduled to get baptized on the 17th of May and we are so excited! We have been teaching her for a month now. She has consistently come to church and has been reading the Book of Mormon. We were worried that things would have changed this week when she broke up with her member boyfriend..but yesterday we were texting her and said that we were excited for her baptism and she said, "Me too, I think I am ready for it." We were so excited! She is so sweet. We have had dinner with her in the Bishop's home and other lessons in members' homes. She is really excited about all of it. And we are excited for her! She feels like she has so much more direction in this gospel. 

We watched this mormon message with some investigators the other day and I just love it! So I thought I would share the link with you all:

http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2119328537001

You really should watch it. It makes me so happy and helps me to understand how our Father in Heaven sees us. He is our Father and he does love us. I am so grateful for Him and all He has done for me. 

I spoke at a funeral today for a sweet lady named Mary Woods who was a less-active here. She was a cute old lady that we visited for a couple of months. She reminded me a lot of Grandma Farr :) but it was a neat experience. On Monday night last week Sister Parker and I went to visit her. She has been in a nursing home for a while and stopped dialysis recently so she has been going down hill. We went there and she looked very worn out. They said she had been asleep pretty much all day. We could tell that she was going to leave us soon. Sister Parker and I talked to her and we sang her "God be with you till we meet again." The spirit filled the room and there was such a sweet feeling. We knew that she was there and she knew that we were with her. We knew she was going to leave us soon, but we felt at peace about it. We then said a prayer with her before we left and wished that she would have a peaceful departing. It was a very bitter sweet moment. She died that next morning at 5am. I loved her so dearly. She was so funny and dear to us. But I know that she is much happier now where she is. I love the hope this gospel brings! There is so much happiness in the plan God has for us. I feel it more now on my mission than ever before.

I love you all! I hope we can get it all figured out for next Sunday. I may just have to call you unless someone can figure out how to do the skype thing and send me a letter explaining..haha. I am technically challenged. I love you though! Have a WONDERFUL week :)

Love,
Sister Farr

 

No comments:

Post a Comment