Wednesday, June 11, 2014

05/12/14 - Week 65! {Week 6 of Transfer 11} "Family!!"

Hi Everyone! 

It was so amazing to be able to see all of you yesterday in skype. I miss you all! You look so amazing and so happy. I absolutely loved it!! Sister Parker had the idea to call her family at the same time so that they could hear each other better..that is a good idea! I thought that maybe we could try that next time......then I remembered that there wouldn't be a next time....I would be home. haha. Oh well! That's okay :) but I loved to see you and glad to hear that you are all doing great. I think I was a little too stunned to see you all to be able to really say anything. All I could say was "Hi" and "I love you!" I didn't even know what to do! I really am going to be an awkward person when I get home! haha I am going to be in a daze for the first few days. I don't know what to talk about when it isn't about the gospel!! How do you have conversations about random things?? I still have no idea........I hope one day I will learn ;)

Anyways, I got news about transfers! I will be.........................................................LEAVING!! Crazy right?? I didn't see that coming. Neither of us did. Sister Parker and I were completely shocked when we found out. We don't want to leave. We honestly cried. At the end our companionship study when we closed with a prayer we just cried. I will miss her so much. We have grown a lot together and we have changed. I won't be the same! She has helped me to grow and become a different person. I love her to pieces. We have made lots of funny videos that we will have to show you all when I return home. I don't know where I am going to be transferred to yet, I will find out tomorrow morning in transfer meeting. I will let you know as soon as I can! Which will be next week..haha. But that is okay! I am so sad to leave the people here in Fort Wayne. I love them with all of my heart. There are so many prepared and amazing people here. I am sad that I will be missing Ashley's baptism on Saturday :( but I know that she will have an amazing day full of the spirit. I love this ward and this area and the zone that I served in. I have really grown a lot here. 

A cool miracle that happened this week: We have been helping a part member family with reading the Book of Mormon this past week. We told them that whenever they are having a bad day or get in an arugment that they should pick it up and start reading. Well, yesterday we got a message from the mom (who is a member) and she explained that the daugher and father had gotten into an agurment and were pretty angry. They left the room and then a few minutes later the daughter came back, picked up the Book of Mormon and started reading it. Then the Dad came in and found the Book of Mormon on CD and put it in and had it start playing. WHAT??!! How amazing is that!!  The spirit there totally changed. I am just so proud of them and all that they are doing. They are truly changing. When I was on exchanges this past week, Sister Parker and Montrose had a crazy lesson there. The adversary was working hard! There was fighting going on outside while they were trying to teach the daughter. You could feel the tension in the air and she was starting to get frustrated. Then all at once it was like something hit her. She said that she felt like lots of spirits just went inside of her and she felt so peaceful. She wasn't mad anymore. It was incredible!! You can't truly understand how much of a miracle that is until you really know them. They have been through so much. It is heart breaking to see it. But the daugher is now on date for the 14th of June to get baptized :) I am sooooo so sooo happy for them!! I love the way that the gospel can change someone. It is miraculous! 

I don't have much time. We have spent a lot of the day packing and we had a zone talent show! It was lots of fun, but took up a lot of time. I will definitely have to email more next week. I love you all and hope that you truly have an amazing week! Keep looking for the miracles and focus on the Lord. He will carry you through everything!! I LOVE YOU!!!!! :D

Love, 
Sister Emilee Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment