Wednesday, October 2, 2013

09/30/13-Week 34 [Week 4 of Transfer 6] "Numbers!"

Hi :D

You may wonder why the title was Numbers...well you see, Sister Corbridge had a very funny dream last night. She had a dream that it was the second coming and Christ was here. And she was running around to try to find President Porter to tell him about how she didn't think she was ready and worthy for him to come and she needed his help. All he said was, "Well, get me your numbers for the week! Christ is here, I need your numbers!" So, Sister Corbridge was running around trying to find people to teach and report her numbers to the mission president. People were chasing her and shooting her with arrows....and all sorts of stuff. It just goes to show that in the mission they really stress getting your numbers! Sister Corbridge and I had a long discussion about numbers last night and how they stressed us out...and then she had that dream. I don't know if I explained it well enough, but it was a funny dream :) But speaking of numbers! We had 12 Member Present lessons this week. and over 30 lessons this week. It was crazy!! We were running around like crazy people! But we had some amazing miracles.

Sister Farr, Saranna Kewish & Sister Corbridge
FIRST!! Saranna got baptized this past saturday :) It was amazing! Sister Corbridge and I were standing at the side of the font with her towel in hand and watching her go down into the water, we were overcome with the spirit. We started to cry. I just realized how wonderful this is for her. She has waited for this day for a long time. She needed that clean feeling. A feeling of relief. I love that little girl so much! She just seems like my little sister. She is the long lost little sister I never had. Sister Corbridge and I went and bought her a dress for her confirmation and did her hair on Sunday morning for her confirmation. It was such an amazing weekend! I am so grateful that I have been able to be a part of her conversion process. 

And a miracle happened at her baptism too! Our investigator Wayne came! We haven't met with him in over a month, and finally got to meet with him this past Wednesday. We had a good lesson with him about the sabbath day and invited him to come to Saranna's baptism, and we would have a lesson after. I never actually thought in a million years that he would come! But he did!! He came!!! It was amazing! People talked to him and he said he really liked it. Then after the baptism, we gave him a church tour and showed him some pictures and took him into the chapel. The spirit is so strong in the chapel. Sister Corbridge and I had him come up to the front of the chapel for our lesson, but before we started, we sang him "I am a Child of God." Now, we don't have the best voices in the world, but as we sang that song, the spirit flooded into the room. He started to have tears come into his eyes, and it was amazing. Oh my goodness. That lesson was so full of the spirit. I can't even explain it. I love this work!! :D Hopefully he will continue progressing and never forget the feelings he had as we talked with him in the Lord's house.
Garbage Can Smash Down

We have continued to clean in the Kewish's home this week :) I attached a picture of me standing inside of their garbage can trying to smash the bags down. It was great fun! We have been going through lots and lots of boxes. They are supposed to move this week!! It will be...an adventure..;) but we have killed so many crickets...it is ridiculous. Now, every time I hear a cricket, I jump. I think I will forever despise crickets...

Then!! This upcoming week is the baptism of Katelyn (9) and Zachary (8). I am sooooo excited!! Each time they say a prayer they always thank Heavenly Father for us coming and teaching them. They tell Him how wonderful their lessons are, and they always tell Him how excited they are for their baptism. It is the cutest thing. Sister Corbridge and I are always just beaming because it is so cute. I love those little kids. Bah! I just love this work!!

Our investigator, Shelby, knows it is true! We had another lesson with her this week and she really wants to get baptized. She is reading in the Book of Mormon and she says that she knows this church is true! YAY!!! The only struggle she has right now is getting work off. She works at a dog kennel  and their dog groomer quit and people haven't been showing up for the sat/sun shift. So, she ends up getting called in. Please pray for her and her job! She is scheduled to get baptized on Oct 26th, but if she doesn't come to church for the next 3 weeks, she will have to move the date. But we know that through Christ, all things are possible. We just keep praying and doing all that we can to help her. She is so sweet. 

We have been teaching a girl named Janette (13). She is friends with one of the youth in the ward and has come to church a few times and comes to the youth activities. We had a really neat experience with her this past week. She is usually quite rambunctious during our lessons. She is adorable and cracks us up, but it can be hard to help her to focus. But this past week as we taught her the restoration, it was amazing to see her entire demeanor change. We told her the first vision and she just went calm. She stared at us with big eyes and you could see the the spirit was so strong inside of her! She was intently listening and was soaking up every single thing that we said. It was so neat!! The spirit is amazing. The spirit teaches the truth, it comforts, and it testifies. Without the Spirit in this work, we would be doing nothing. No one can come to the truth without the spirit. 

I am just loving my mission! It is a lot of hard work. I am so exhausted every day. We miss our breaks occasionally because we don't have enough time in the day to get things done! But to see the Spirit change people. To see them come unto Christ. To see the gospel fill in the holes in peoples' hearts. It is just incredible. There is no other work I would rather be doing. This church is true. It is the only true church on the earth. I am so grateful to be sharing it with the world!! I hope you were all able to watch the Relief Society broadcast this past Saturday! If you weren't.....GO WATCH IT!!! :D We must do as they say...keep our covenants. 

Thank you for all of your support! I need all of the prayers that I can get! With my new calling, I am very much overwhelmed, but I know that God has called me here for a reason. I love you all!!!

Love, 
Sister Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment