Monday, August 4, 2014

08/04/14 - Week 77-Final Week! {Week 6 of Transfer 13} "Goodbyes"

Hi family and friends :D

I am overwhelmed with feelings about thinking that this week is my last week as a full-time missionary here in the Ohio Cincinnati mission. Time has gone by so quickly, but also slowly. I think that time is pleated. It looks short from behind, but when you think of all that has happened, it opens up and you realize how long it has been. I have changed and grown so much on my mission. My mission president says that I really have been "born again." I have relied so much on my Savior through every day and hour. He has truly become my best friend. I call out to Him each day so many times, that I can't number it. I know He loves me and all of you so much.

This week we pushed and pushed. We didn't have some crazy numbers to end my mission, but we worked as hard as we could. We had some really neat things happen through God's grace. There was one evening that we needed to find another new investigator to reach our goals. We were going to contact a referral, and were walking down the street. I saw a lady outside smoking, (as missionaries, you talk to everyone) so I said a little prayer and told Heavenly Father that I would talk to her if he kept her outside. And sure enough, she stayed out. We went up and started a conversation that turned out really good. We are going back to teach her this week! {well...the sisters who will be here....}.

Then last night, we again needed one more new investigator to meet our weekly goal of 7 new investigators. It was 8:48pm and we didn't have any idea where to go. We had the thought to go see a family, so we drove over to the area. As we were driving by, I saw a few people outside that we had talked to briefly before, but never had much of a gospel conversation. We drove past the house of the family we were going to see, and all of the cars were gone. So we thought, "Okay Heavenly Father, you sent us over here to find someone, but who is it?" I thought again of the people I saw outside, so we decided to park and walk over. It was a really good conversation! It flowed really well, and it wasn't awkward!! How awesome is that?? [It doesn't happen too often as a missionary]. We have an appointment to see them this week too! God blessed us with 2 new investigators instead of just 1 new. He is amazing. I have learned that He is always in control. If you will just follow what He asks you to do, then He will provide the way to do it. Just like it says in 1 Nephi 3:7. The Lord doesn't give you a commandment without providing a way that you can accomplish it.

Deanna is doing great! She came to church last week with her two little boys and we were nervous she didn't like it because it was hectic with all of the kids. But she told us that she really enjoyed it! We invited her to be baptized at the end of this month and she is working to quit smoking. She got a priesthood blessing last night, so it shouldn't be a problem :) She is such an amazing lady! She went to brunch by herself to a members home with some other members. {again, that doesn't happen very often}. It was great! Then she had another lesson and dinner at the same members home last night. And we will have a lesson tonight at their home. She is so excited about everything, and so am I! :D She prayed for someone to come talk to her, and we showed up. God is amazing. That's all I can say.

Well that is all the time I have. :( But, this is my final testimony that I emailed in for our mission newsletter:

~~My mission has changed me in ways that I never thought were possible. I know that this is the Lord's work and He is in charge. I am privileged to have been able to serve Him. We are changing eternities as we share what we know with our brothers and sisters. Never give up and never look back. Move forward with your face towards the Son, and the shadows will fall behind you. This is the Lord's kingdom. We have all of the truth. We have a living prophet today and as we listen to him and our leaders, we will never go astray. I love this church and this gospel. I have become a more dedicated disciple of Jesus Christ and I will continue that discipleship the rest of my life. All that you have to do is do your best, the Lord will always take care of you. Let Him mold you and change you. Just like my Dad always told me, "Winds of adversity that snuff out a match, only make a torch burn brighter." So let your torch burn within you and we will light up the world!~~

I love you all so much! I will see you soon :D

Lots of Love,
Sister Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment