Monday, March 25, 2013

03/18/13 - Week 6 in Indiana [Week 1 of Transfer 2 in Indy 1st Ward]

Hello!


This week has been great! I received 2 new companions! 
Sister Cordner

 
Sister Tara Cordner is from Gilbert, Arizona and has been out on her mission a little over 6 months. She is so fun! She loves to go tracting and talk to people (which is something I need to work on). I am excited to learn from her example!











Sister Knight






 


Sister Taylor Knight is from Covina, California and is fresh from the MTC! She has a wonderful spirit about her when she testifies of truth. she has already come prepared! 





It has been wonderful so far! We all get along so well and we have lots of fun! We have a rule that when two of us are together, we can't talk about the other companion, which I think is so great! I think that it is important not only here on the mission, but in life generally. No one wants other people talking about them right when they leave! Anyways, it has been lots of fun so far! Also this week I got a new district leader...and guess who it is? Elder Buck! Kodee's best bud that is in the same mission as me. What are the odds?? It is crazy. I can definitely tell that they grew up together, they have similar mannerisms. 

Sister Carter went home on Tuesday. It was hard to say goodbye! I learned so much from her and continue learning from her past example. I am really happy to hear that Mom and Dad were able to go to her home coming! I think that is great!! 

Random thing about Indiana... the majority of places here don't have lights on the ceiling! In our bedroom, there is no light on the ceiling. We have a lamp that we plug into the wall for a light. Isn't that so weird? We never had anything like that in Utah. I thought it was weird at least.

I have a funny story about a sweet old family in our ward. Their names are the Sutterfields and they are so sweet! She is in her late 80's and he is in his early 90's. But anyways, the other week Sister Carter and I had gone over there for dinner. They had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, bread, salad..all kinds of food. So my first serving I got a huge breast piece with a bunch of potatoes and corn and salad and bread. As I was finishing up, they asked me if I wanted some more bread, I told them that I was okay, because I was pretty full. But they insisted, so I took another piece of bread. Then they asked me if I wanted some more chicken, again I told them that I was pretty full. But they insisted, so I took another piece of chicken. They did that with each piece of food they had on the table. Until by the end I had 3 pieces of bread with butter and jam, 3 helpings of potatoes and gravy, 2 servings of chicken and corn. Sister Carter and I came out of that house practically rolling. I don't think I have been that full in my entire life! I had to pray at each bite that Heavenly Father would help me swallow it. Haha! But it was great. They are secretly kind of my favorite older couple in the ward. They are just my adopted grandparents. I will have to get a picture with them soon and send it so that you can see them! 

This week we have done lots and lots of tracting! One day we did probably around 150 houses. The majority of people closed the door on our face, but others were willing to listen! We tracted into one lady named Jennifer who was so sweet! She let us right in and we gave her a brief discussion about the restoration. She started crying and opened right up to us. We left her with a Book of Mormon and invited her to start reading it. We have an appointment with her this week and I am so excited! I bore her my testimony and she started to cry. I am so grateful for the power of testifying! I know that I have said it before, but it never ceases to amaze me how powerful it truly is! The spirit can testify so strongly when we bear what we know to be true. 

This has been a short week of work.. we didn't get here until Wednesday and we have mostly done a bunch of tracting. But we have 3 new investigators! Wahoo! We have Jennifer, a former investigator named Wanda, and another lady that we tracted into named Diane. The work is starting to move forward! We are seeing miracles take place as we have been doing the Lord's work. I wish I had some more cool stories, but there are just little miracles each and every day! The Lords hand is in every detail of our life. 

I have attached pictures of my new companions! And a cool picture of the railroad tracts.. you can see forever!! It is beautiful here.

 Thank you for all of your love and support! I am grateful for the things that I am learning each and every day. It is really hard work out here and a lot of the time I get discouraged, but Heavenly Father always reaches out and lifts me back up. I am not perfect, no one is, but all He asks is that we do our best. 

I love you all!! 

Sister Emilee Brooke Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment