Friday, June 21, 2013

06/03/13-Week 17 in Indiana! [Last Week of Transfer 3]

Hello all!

First things first! I got the transfer call last night! AND........I am leaving. I don't know where I am going yet, but I do know that I am going to be opening a new area. (I will be 1 of 5 doing that) AND I will be training a new baby missionary. I.am.so.scared. I have only been out 4 months? How in the world can I teach a baby missionary how to be a missionary! I am still a baby missionary! And let alone, I will have no idea where I am or who the people are. I guess I will be on a new adventure. Sometimes Heavenly Father has a sense of humor. He thinks He is funny...but He is not. ;) I am just kidding. I know that I am going wherever I need to be. He has a plan for me and although I may not know what it is, as long as he does, I know that I will be okay. I will be praying 24/7. I know that being a trainer is not a compliment to me as a missionary, but it is just where the Lord needs me and who He needs me with. I will let all of you know where I am located next Monday! In the time being, if you send any letters or packages, send them to the Mission office (1980 E 116th St STE 200 Carmel, IN 46032) <- and yes, I have that memorized :D haha. 

Let see...this week has gone by very slowly! I can't remember half of it! I think I was so scared about transfer calls that the time slowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down. But there is some sad news about the transfer, I might miss Wanda and Andrew's baptism :( If I am transferred more than 1 hour away from Indy 1st, then I can't go. But if I am within an hours drive, I can go to it. I really hope I don't miss it! I would be so sad! But I would ask Sister Cordner to send me pictures of them of course! Sister Cordner is staying in the area and training a new missionary too! I will miss her dearly! But I know that we will still be best buds. 

I had a really cool experience this week tracting. We were knocking on doors in a nicer neighborhood, and at one door, a black man came to the door. He came out side and was very nice and open. He asked us quite a few questions and we answered the best that we could. We taught him about the restoration and the Book of Mormon and he thought it was all very interesting. After a while of talking, he told us that he had heard that in the past, black people could not hold leadership positions in our church. At first, I related it to how Christ only taught the gospel to the Jews until later, when Peter had the vision and was told that the Gentiles could now hear the gospel. I tried to relate that to how the priesthood was, but he did not really accept it. He said that he thought that God loved all of his children and wouldn't care what their skin color was. After talking for a little bit more, I was just praying to Heavenly Father to help me know how to help this man understand and be touched. As I sat there I felt the spirit start teaching me about it. I then opened my mouth, and the spirit spoke through me and explained the priesthood and blacks in a very different way than I had ever heard it put. I really can't remember much about what I said, but I know I mentioned about the political side and spiritual responsibility. It was an amazing experience. I felt as if I was receiving revelation as we stood on his door step and the spirit was speaking through my lips. I did not think that on my mission I would use the gift of tongues very much, but I know that I did at that moment.

Also, the weather here is CRAZY! We were doing planning this past Thursday, and within 20 minutes, the weather went from blue skies, to hailing, to pouring rain, to blue skies again! Uhh....is that normal? I don't think so. You start to learn to stop listening to the weather man..because he is never right. You can tell the weather by looking outside just as well as they can predict it. hahah. Gotta love Indiana :D

Other than that, I honestly can't remember what happened last week! Oh! I went on exchanges with Sister Bunnell in North Vernon and we had an amazing day! We taught 5 other lessons and found 2 new investigators! We went tracting quite a bit, but had a lot of fun doing it! She has only been out 3 months, and she is amazing. I love all of the sisters here, they are all so wonderful. 

Sister Cordner and I bought cookie dough and vanilla ice cream to make a cookie-zookie today for our last big harrah! It will be delicious! I will think of you all when I eat it :) 
Here is a funny picture of us from yesterday. And a picture of my district.  

 I love you all! I am off to...somewhere. I am excited for this new adventure, but also very scared. I will need all of the prayers that I can get! I know that with God all things are possible! 

Thank you for everything that you all do! I love you all so much!!

Sister Emilee Brooke Farr

No comments:

Post a Comment